Climate change is the most fundamental challenge facing our generation. After nearly a decade of inaction by the previous Conservative government, our Liberal government has taken this challenge head-on, since being elected in 2015.
With your help and vote, a re-elected Liberal government will build on legislation already put in place to tackle the climate crisis.
Canada will lead the way.
Together we will protect the air we breathe and the water we drink, and achieve the ambitious goal of reaching net-zero emissions by 2050.
Yes, climate change is a challenge, but it is also an opportunity. The market for clean technology — which uses renewable energy and emits less pollution — is expected to exceed $2.5 trillion by 2022.
That’s why we will:
- Set legally-binding, five-year milestones to reach net-zero emissions by 2050, and exceed Canada’s 2030 emissions goal;
- Ensure energy workers and communities can shape their own futures by giving workers access to training and support;
- Slash corporate taxes in half for companies that develop technologies or manufacture products that have zero emissions;
- Continue to lead by example and ensure all federal buildings run on clean electricity by 2022; and
- Leverage the purchasing power of the federal government to further drive clean technology adoption.
The climate crisis is a significant challenge. Harjit Sajjan is the only candidate in Vancouver South positioned to build on the positive steps already taken by the Liberal government.
If this issue is important to you and your family, please share this post.